Saturday, May 23, 2009

My birthday

I turned 31 on May 20th. My birthday had an interesting start. I left the house at 7:30 in the morning to go to Seoul National Unviersity to give a guest lecture on Korean Catholicism at Professor Sem Vermeersch's graduate class on Korean Religions. It was a lot of fun and a good experience. Sem took me out for lunch afterwards and we ran into Hilary. After that I came home. We went out for dinner at Pizza Hut. Here in Korea it's a kind of gourmet pizza place. It was really good.

Us at Pizza Hut. We had a mini bbq chicken pizza with cheese crust and chicken pasta. Our meal also came with salad bar which had an interesting cocunt drink dessert. You basically dipped cereal or nuts into the drink and then ate it. Arlene made hers into a kind of halo-halo.
David and I enjoying my gifts. I got cologne and a hershey bar. Yummy!

My birthday cake.


1 comment:

aimee said...

happy belated!!! you and esther are just a day apart, bday-wise. looks like a fantastic day.