Saturday, January 24, 2009

Korea University Temple

There is a temple on the way to my office at Korea University. It's more of a complex with several buildings. There aren't a whole lot of temples in urban areas so I decided to take some pictures.
This is the entry way to Pot'asa. You can see some of the buildings on the left. The banner says something like "All night assembly of 3000 prostations for the purification of mind to the Rock Carved image Buddha". I have to give credit to people who out of devotion get down on their knees, put their foreheads on the ground and get up 3,000 times. I think this is done in only one night.
Kaeunsa. These temples are so close that I wonder if they aren't part of the same complex. The top banner is advertising a lecture series and the bottom one is for a devotional meeting to better practice Buddhism. They sometimes have prayers here for kids to do well on their tests.
Gate to Kaeunsa.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

wow--this brings back memories. We used to live in the foreigners' residence at Korea U and I passed the temple everyday on my way to the bus stop.