Sunday, December 19, 2010

Good news

Three pieces of good news:

I have a job interview at the American Historical Association Conference, which will take place January 6-9 in Boston. They will also have some open interviews there so I hope I can get a couple more in while I am at the conference.

My adviser and one of my readers approved my dissertation. So now I'm just waiting to hear from my second reader. Once he gives his approval, I can submit it for external examination and schedule my defense. Hopefully I can defend and finish up in April of 2011.

Yesterday I weighed in at 225 1/4. I'm sure I'll go up when I weigh in today, but still, it was nice to actually get that low. I'm hoping to be below 225 for the interview. I want to eventually get down to below 215. My doctor wants me to be at 200. I figure I'll reassess at 215 and then go from there, but it would be nice if I could at least get to be between 200 and 205 and then maintain that.

2 comments:

aimee said...

HOORAY!!! that is all fantastic news! best of luck w/everything to come.

Unknown said...

Frank, Irlene and David

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you all!! At last, I will have a chance to see you all this coming Feb. PLS read my email sent to you...