Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Feast of the Immaculate Conception

Today is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Arlene, David, and I went to morning mass. This feast is connected with one of my favorite songs, "Immaculate Mary" and so I cannot help but post it:



This seems like a good time to mention something interesting about our parish. We attend 11 am Mass (which is when David's Sunday school is) and sit on the left center column of pews in the church. There is a very elderly lady who sits in the front row on that side and during communion shakes each person's hand and says "God bless you." She's really sweet. We were worried one week because she came in and had oxygen! However, the last couple of weeks she hasn't had it so that's good. What's funny is that last week, she started saying "God bless" you really loud. So when I took the wine, though it was far away, I could hear her clearly saying to a little girl "God bless you, you sweet thing!" I'm sure her prayers win many graces.

No comments: