Sunday, March 20, 2011

Part-time work

Stil no news on the academic job front. Some good news, I am now (junior) manuscript editor for the Sungkyun Journal of East Asian Studies (http://sjeas.skku.edu/intro/index.jsp). The university that publishes this journal traces itself back to the National [Confucian] Academy (성균관/成均館), started way back in 1398. I've been busy with that and getting ready for the conference in Hawaii (we will present on March 31) and my oral defense on April 8. I'll then return back to Indiana on April 9.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait a minute. You will present in Hawaii the day before your oral defense? Will you defend at the conference as well?

Frank said...

Thanks for your comment Heather, I made a mistake. I will defend on April 8, not April 1!

Unknown said...

Ah. Phew. While you'll still be busy, I'm sure you'll rock at both. Will the family be joining you in Hawaii?

Frank said...

Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately, the family won't be able to join me. It would have cost a couple of grand just to fly them out there and I would have been too busy to do anything with them. We'll probably to take a family vacation after my defense to celebrate.