Sunday, October 3, 2010

Patton Museum

A few weeks ago, Mom, Dad, Arlene, David and I went to Fort Knox to see the Patton Museum. They are shipping the tanks off to make another museum and we wanted to see it before that happened. When I was a little boy my dad and grandpa brought me there and so we wanted to bring David there as well.

The contribution of Filipina troops to the Allied cause in World War One has been sadly overlooked by most historians.
This reminds me of when I used to re-enact World War One.

Statues of a Filipino cavalry unit.

Japanese tank, captured when American and Filipino forces liberated the Philippines.



Interracial family = Hitler's nightmare


Arlene and David in front of a landing craft that took part in the liberation of the Philippines


Dad and I in front of the car in which General Patton had his fatal accident. We met the drive the last time we were here. He has now passed on.

One of Patton's famous revolvers.

A statue of Patton.

No comments: