Sunday, January 31, 2010

Interviews

Things are going well, just busy trying to meet my self-imposed deadline for a very rough draft of my dissertation (this Friday) and finishing things up for a paper (due the 14th).

I was rejected by one of the two positions I applied for and have not heard from the other. I just found out that I will be interviewed on Wednesday for a position that I thought I had been rejected for. I'm thankful for the opportunity but also numb--even if I get a job offer if my dissertation isn't done in time then it won't matter as all the jobs I applied for require a phd in hand.

2 comments:

aimee said...

bummer, and congrats! don't let the numbness paralyze you: i think you can work through it and at least get to your self-imposed deadline. if you need, i'm sure we can send you treats (though i don't have any flour at home so i can't bake the usual cookies) if you meet the deadline as an incentive!^^

Unknown said...

I know how it feels to have everything riding on everything turning out well. You have to focus on everything and one thing, all at the same time, and it's maddening. Just focus on what needs to be focused on now, and the rest will fall into place.