Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Korea Times Article

Last week my adviser emailed me and told me that the "Korea Times," an English language newspaper in Korea, were looking for people to help with a series of articles they wanted to publish on An Chunggun (they use the other romanization and spell it An Jung-geun). I emailed them and they asked me to contribue some articles and act as a kind of historical consultant. I received an email Tuesday morning asking me to send an article Tuesday evening! I managed to get it in on time. So now my article, as well as the one I helped with are online.

Journalistic writing is a lot different from academic writing. I made things a little too complex and so it's a bit choppy once it had been edited down to journalistic standards. There will be more articles over the next couple of months so I'll let people know when they are put up.

2 comments: