Sunday, August 8, 2010

239 and feeling fine!

On an old episode of the "Simpsons" Homer became seriously overweight and resolved to slim down. In the same episode, Marge painted Mr. Burns. Homer slimmed down to 239 (which I believe is his official weight) and came down the stairs and shouted "Marge, I'm 239 and I'm feeling fine." At that point Mr. Burns laid into Homer and told him how fat he was!

Well, now I'm 239 and feeling fine:). I finally lost enough weight to be equal to Homer. I need to keep going, but I've managed to lose over 40 pounds since we married (six years ago). I hope I can lose at least another 20. My doctor wanted me to get to 200 but I weight 216 when I was a sophomore in high school (that was when I was wrestling and was in football and was definitely not overweight!).

No comments: