Monday, October 12, 2009

Returned Safely

My father and I returned safely from our trip. We had a few interesting incidents on the way back. We flew out from Istanbul Friday evening and planned to spend the night in the Paris airport. I found a good place to sleep in at our gate but at 1am dad and I were told to leave and our only place of refuge was the smoking lounge (which smelled like smoke). The next morning we boarded the plan at 9am but our flight was repeatedly delayed because of a malfunction with the cargo doors. There were several delays and so people started getting things from the overhead bins. An elderly Frenchman dropped a box on my head which had something heavy in it. It hurt some but I was more surprised than anything and fortunately wasn't injured. He apologized profusely. That was the second time I had something dropped on my head like that. Eventually they gave up trying to repair the door but thankfully were able to move us to another plane so we ended up only being four hours late. We arrived at Atlanta and then drove back to Indy. The next day I had a fever and chills and today I am fighting jet lag but I think I will be able to go back to work tomorrow without any problems. I hope to start posting pictures soon. It was a wonderful trip and God blessed us a lot.

1 comment:

aimee said...

oh, my! lots of adventures. but i am glad you made it safely (i can't believe it's true what they say about overhead bins and being careful...). rest up and welcome home!